Jamaica – I Wish…
Jamaica I wish…
- That Jamaican patois, in all its amusing and colorful variations get more local acceptance.
- That more farmers would undertake growing local fruits on a larger scale.
- That during the next election, there is no more national amnesia.
- That the knowledge of the types and uses of local medicinal plants passes on for generations to come.
- That the international impact of Jamaican music will be beneficial not only to its singers but also musicians.
- That single parents need not be magicians with a minimum wage.
- That the historic attractions in Hanover are no longer an open secret.
- That the media houses stop copycatting and create more original content.
- That the highest political positions will eventually have academic requirements.
- That we value as much as others do, all that we have to offer.
- That Government gives support to local produces to drive economic independence.
- That there was free access to more of our coastline and beaches.
- That what is indigenous and cultural is more sought and valued than fake imports.
- That academic achievers receive the same financing and glory as athletes and sports personalities.
- That more Jamaicans can appreciate and afford the luxury of a Jamaican vacation.
Blessed Love – Ria
Above is a list of things I sincerely wish for Jamaica and Jamaicans. Not in any particular order. I have many more wishes but will only share the shortlist.
This is my response to Writing 101 assignment for Day 2
Today, write your own list – Things I Wish is my topic of choice.